• Help to maintain the overall health and performance of our platform and services
• Build up and implement reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services on the GCP platform
• Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale environments
• Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish a process and improve the operability and security of our
• Be responsible for setting up proactive and reactive monitoring and automated recovery mechanisms.
• Responsible for DevSecOps by ensuring all of our services are secure and setup in an optimal manner.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience building and maintaining production systems on GCP using Kubernetes, Compute, Storage and ML functions and
familiarity interacting with the GCP CLI is essential
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies, cloud services and automation tools e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Packer
• Solid scripting skills in one or more of: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PHP
• Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
• Familiarity with large-scale databases and proficiency in NoSQL and SQL.
• Familiarity with a broad range of open source technologies, build tools and continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience working with containers such as Docker (deployment aspects)
• Experience writing tools for automation, configuration and build
• Experienced with source code control (GitHub or Bitbucket)
Experience: 5-8 years in DevOps